Call for nominations of candidates to the Western Cape Cultural Commission
The Western Cape Provincial Parliament’s Standing Committee on Cultural Affairs and Sport calls for nominations for candidates to represent all communities of the province by serving on the Western Cape Cultural Commission for its new term of office.
The aim of the commission is to preserve, promote and develop culture in the Western Cape in accordance with policy laid down by the Minister responsible for Cultural Affairs. The commission was established to give effect to the requirements of the Western Cape Cultural Commission and Cultural Councils Act, 1998 (Act 14 of 1998) and the Constitution of the Western Cape.
- Be a South African citizens;
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Be permanent residents of the Western Cape;
- Have command of at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape;
- Have expertise in one or more of the following fields: literary arts, humanities, cultural history, cultural industries, visual arts and design, youth involvement in culture, and management of cultural facilities.
Nominations must be made on the prescribed nomination form and submitted by no later than 16:00 on 20 June 2015.
Requests for nomination forms as well as any enquiries can be directed to the committee co-ordinator, Waseem Matthews, at Tel 021 487 1741 or by email: email@example.com. The apllication form can also be downloaded here.