Have Your Say
The Standing Committee on Local Government of the Western Cape Provincial Parliament will consider the Local Government: Municipal Structures Amendment Bill [B 19B–2018] (NCOP) as part of its constitutional responsibilities.
The main objectives of the Bill are to amend the Local Government: Municipal Structures Act, 1998, so as to address the problems with the administration and the management of municipal elections, and to promote the effective and efficient implementation of the Act, as well as to strengthen oversight and governance in municipalities.
You can have your say by:
- Submitting a written submission by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Submitting an oral submission by leaving a voice note on WhatsApp, Cell no 082 372 7463
Closing date for submissions:
16:00, 26 June 2020
Mr Johan Coetzee
- Advertisement in English
- Advertisment in Afrikaans
- Advertisment in isiXhosa
- Copy of the Local Government: Municipal Structures Amendment Bill [B19B-2018] (NCOP)
- Audio clip by Chairperson Derrick America (English)
- Audio clip by Chairperson Derrick America (Afrikaans)