CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND NOMINATION FORMS
The Western Cape Provincial Parliament’s Standing Committee on Cultural Affairs and Sport invites the general public to nominate suitable persons to serve on the Western Cape Cultural Commission. Appointed persons will serve a three-year term of office.
The aim of the Commission is to preserve, promote and develop culture in the Western Cape in accordance with policy laid down by the Minister responsible for cultural affairs. The Western Cape Cultural Commission was established to give effect to the requirements of the Western Cape Cultural Commission and Cultural Councils Act, 1998 (Act 14 of 1998), and the Constitution of the Western Cape. Members of the Commission will be the accounting authority of the entity and will be responsible for all governance-related matters in terms of sections 49 to 57 of the Public Finance Management Act, 1999 (Act 1 of 1999) (PFMA).
- be South African citizens of at least 21 years of age and permanent residents of the Western Cape;
- be representative as far as possible of the cultural diversity of the people of the Western Cape; and
- have full command of at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- have knowledge of cultural matters and must actively contribute to the development, promotion and preservation of culture in relation to the citizens of the Western Cape.
Nominees must have knowledge of and/or experience in any of the following:
- business studies;
- marketing and management practices;
- knowledge and understanding of cultural diversity;
- cultural history, social anthropology, performing arts and languages;
- policy analysis and interpretation; and
- sound knowledge of financial management and compliance requirements in terms of the PFMA.
Nominations must be made on the prescribed nomination form below and must be submitted by no later than Tuesday, 3 August 2021. Copies can also be requested from the standing committee’s Procedural Officer, Mr Waseem Matthews.
His contact details are:
e-mail: email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
tel: 021 487 1741